Wednesday 12 April 2017

Pleasure Day Meadowlands 120417

With a spare day off before starting work, I fancied a day out at Meadowlands to set up a few waggler and bomb rods that have been gathering dust in the bag. Vic is off on holiday and Mick had gained permission from his better half to join us, as long as he was back early as it was his turn to cook tea.
Mick had never seen Meadowlands before so we all met up at Jacks cafe before travelling the 30 minutes to the lake. Vic had fished it quite a few times whilst I have had a day on Lambsdown lake and another on Warren, both being very enjoyable yet so different.
Arriving at the site we purchased day tickets and armed ourselves with fishery 8mm pellets, I like these as they are quite heavy pellets and ideal for pinging out at distance. A chat with the bailiff, saw us heading the short walk to peg 18, 20 and 21. Me on 18, Vic 20 and Mick 21.
As I stated earlier, I needed to set up my rods for a festival in May, so stripped them right back, added new line and redone two rods. One waggler and the other a bomb rod. Both Mick and Vic were fishing well before me but had had no signs on the waggler. With the wind blowing right to left I felt it would be a struggle on the waggler yet still planned to fish this early as the wind later in the day was planned to get up. With this in mind I set to fish a comfortable distance where I could get the feed. I also fed a line further out for the bomb and if the wind dropped anytime I could still reach it.
Feeding 3 or 4 pellets at a time, I was into a nice rhythm Feed, Cast, Feed, Twitch, Feed, and do it again.after around 10 minutes the float dipped and fish number one was on and at around 4lb was a good start. Back into the rhythm, and another ten minutes passed and as soon as the pellet plopped onto the surface it was fish on. Another 5lb and a welcome sign. It went quiet for the next half hour so I switched to the bomb and had a better fish around 8lb. A couple of skimmers came to the net during this spell.
Both Vic and Mick were both off the mark and at one time all three of us were in at the same time.
The fishing was not prolific by any means and I persevered with waggler when the wind would allow and a couple more came to it. I think the wind blowing right to left and gusty at times hampered the presentation a lot and the bomb was definitely a more productive method on the day. Yet I still ended up with 10 carp and 4 skimmers. The better fish on the bomb. Vic had a similar catch whilst Mick was slightly behind, shame there is no nugget on pleasure days.
I packed up early and set up another couple of rods before packing them all away. Until next time where I will be at Alders Farm again for the Tuesday Cost-cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment