Saturday 17 June 2017

Hartleylands Farm Nicks Lake 17.06.2017

My turn to drive today on another Marsh AC club match, this time down to Hartleylands Fishery in Kent. A long way to go for a match but the fishing is good and the banter to be had can be excellent. A steady trip down saw us pulling into the Knoxbridge Cafe, a regular haunt on these trips and well worth a stop if anyone is in the area. A full English, a mug or two of tea and we were ready for the days proceedings. A short journey to the fishery and a quick look at the water. The levels looked a bit lower than the last time we were here, but there were fish cruising around unperturbed.
With monies paid, Mick was one of the first into the hat and peg 8 was to be his home. My hand was greeted with peg 7. Two and a half hours in a car together and now for the 6 hours of the match before 2 hours back home. Can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the way down Mick with his counsellor (well if Rory McIlroy can have one why can't I) head on, suggested that I look at my pegs rather negatively. There was nothing wrong with the pegs, just my mental state of mind. He suggested taking a more Positive Mental Attitude (PMA) to the pegs instead. All pegs are good pegs. He stated I can catch fish and can normally work out a method to catch, so thats not the problem, its just that I treat the peg negatively from the off.
So armed with a new found lease of PMA I literally ran to me my peg, well ambled really. I had fished the peg before and decided to fish it similarly, Pellet Waggler to the point of the island, a shallow rig for 2+4 and a couple of margin rigs. Bait wise I was going to concentrate on hard pellet with meat as a back up line.
I started off on a 4BB pellet waggler punching the float to the point of the island, a couple of small carp came to the net at 2ft deep but I was missing more than I caught and after 20 minutes, it was parked up the bank in preference to a shallow approach. I had been throwing 6mm pellets onto 2 +3 line and started off there nicking a few carp before adding another section as they drifted out of the catch zone. I was catching regularly but as with last week the fish were on the small size, averaging a pound and a half. I tried an 8mm hard pellet on a hair rig and this caught me a few larger 3lb fish but I was again missing more bites than hitting. I put these down to roach as every now and again I would hook one. Again I thought the line was slowing so quickly made a switch to the right hand edge.
John who could only fish for 3 hours due to family commitments had packed up and weighed in, 119lb was the benchmark. I was behind that mark, but I do not fish floating baits, Mick was nicking a few fish and it was close between us, Tony on peg 6 was catching and included a carp around 8lb in his catch. Terry was struggling but Simon and Dave had both caught well with the chairman having a 3lb barbel in his net.
My right hand edge produced well but agin the stamp was small, but I was armed with PMA and knew it would come good in the end. It was just a case of head down and catch what ever swam by. I was getting bites on the deck and tried shallow a couple of times in the margins but although I could see better fish swimming in and out I would only get the smaller stockies.
Unforrtunately, Chairman Dave felt unwell and in the 30 degree heat was struggling so wisely packed up, before things got any worse.
But by rotating my lines I kept nicking odd fish until the final whistle. My PMA had worked well. I did not have any real dry spells, correctly resting lines and moving quickly to the next, rather than sitting on a line which was dying. Something I am guilty of occasionally.
Overall
1st Simon Watkins  171lb
2nd Keith Ashby   157lb
3rd Mick Wright 135lb 8oz
4th Tony Roberts 123lb
5th John Holdsworth 119lb
6th Clive Pritchard 112lb
So all in all a good day, the new PMA worked well and although there was a few moments of trashed rigs and hook pulls, my attitude never faltered. I secured the coveted MK Nugget for this match to narrow the gap again to 9-4 and the comeback is on.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete