Tuesday 19 September 2017

Alders Farm Tuesday Open 19 09 17

It is amazing what a couple of days holiday from work gives you. I have managed to fit three days fishing in at Alders plus managed to paint the landing and stairs, albeit it does need another coat. I would never make a living out of it that's for sure.
Still onto today's match. A nice and friendly do on Alders Ash Lake. It has been a bit funny lately, I think with the recent drop in temperatures especially overnight the fish are gearing up for winter, after all the scientists will have us believe that animals know whats coming before it arrives. Try telling that to a rabbit full of buckshot.
Twelve of us and we had the luxury of the whole lake. So we had a bit of space, I must admit I fancied a go on the far bank today pegs 27 to 30 but as is my luck peg 10 stick to my palm. Not to worry, Troy had a good weight from it on the MDs match so fish were there or there about.I had the whole corner to myself, unfortunately, it was hard to see any of it as the reeds and the tree have grown on. For company I had two bagging machines, Derek Smith on 18 and Lee Newson on 8 although I could not see him.. Both very capable of winning from there pegs.
I opted to fish three lines today, one at 9m, one at 5m and one just in front of my keepnets. I set up both a heavy rig and a light rig for each line, and would keep rotating until I could find a regular supply of fish and the ditch one if it was not working. Red hydro for the heavier rigs and black for the lighter ones.
Over the last couple of matches I have found that by feeding micros draws fish in and you tend to get a quick response, but it tends to die after an hour. I have prolonged this spell by adding a few 4mms to the tosspot. I have also been pinging a couple of 4mms regularly.
I started off on the 5m line and although it was slow going I was nicking a few fish fishing dead depth. After an hour I had seven carp and a couple of skimmers, which went back. Hour two and I was still nicking a couple of 3lb fish and a few good perch on the maggot, but felt it was dying. I decided not to re-feed the peg and go to 9m. I deliberately had not feed anything on this line and I had three carp without feeding a single pellet. I had to keep switching between heavy and light rigs as I could not get them lined up on one method. I would nick a couple light and then have to pin it on the deck.
By rotating lines and rigs I was able to keep the fish coming, I did have a couple of dry 20 minutes were no matter what I did I could not get a fish but that's fishing. I could see Derek catching steadily and Lee Wilson on 21 was also getting amongst them but I felt as if I was always just in front of them. Lee on 8 was catching well and word was the pegs 27 to 30 were catching. I just needed to keep fish coming.
Going into the last hour I made a change that would stick in the memory banks. I came off the deck by 6 inches. Still pinging a few 4mms and fishing a 6 over the top and by lifting and dropping regularly managed to put a late surge together of small carp.
Overall
1st Lee Newson 128-11 Peg 8
2nd John Clennett 116-10 Peg 28
3rd Graham West 109-14 Peg 1
4th Pete Archer 104-10 Peg 27
5th Keith Ashby 91-13 Peg 10
6th Mick Kelly 90-14 Peg 2
So overall it fished fair, no clear cut winner going into the last hour. Lee having 60lb in that hour with some horses down the edge.

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete