Sunday 17 September 2017

Marsh AC Alders Farm Ash Lake 16 09 17

I must admit it has taken a while but I am gradually clawing my way back in the MK Nugget stakes. It is now 9-8 in Mick's favour but considering it was 9-3, I have done well. Today would see us lining the bank on Ash Lake at Alders Farm. A venue we both know well and one I fished the previous day on the Joseph James Law match, although I was on a different lake.
On that match, Ash Lake fished steadily considering nearly every peg was in. But it was noticeable that the fish preferred micros to 4mm feed pellets. Pete Morton, Clive and Dave Pontin had all fished that match and would have the insider knowledge to get a good result. Peter had stopped over at mine, as travelling to and from Barnsley would take its toll. 
Sixteen anglers descended upon the fishery and after a great breakfast in the cafe, it was draw time. We had pegs 1- 21, but it would mean tight pegging on some of the pegs. The fancied pegs, were 1-4 and 21. Pegs 12 and 14 could feature if the wind got up and started to blow into the corner. I placed my hand in the bucket and peg 7 stuck to my palm. This peg was the one Dave Pontin had the previous day and struggled on. I had for company Pete Morton on peg 5, Dave Collier on 6, Kris Old on 8 and Troy Hillier on 10. Mick however,stuck to his plan and drew another flyer, peg 2. Possibly the best peg on the lake this year. People though have started to notice how well you are drawing Mick!!!!
Bearing in mind the previous day's lesson I went armed planning to feed micros with a pinch of 4mms all via a toss pot. I set up to fish 4 lines. One at 12.5m in 4ft of water, .19 DS small diamond in .4g to a size 18 B911f1 hook coupled with Black hydro. My top four line would be a .2g version of the above set up but with red hydro. I also set up a duplicate rig as the peg shallowed up towards the right hand side. A margin rig and a slapping rig should I become desperate were also made up.
I started my match feeding 4 or 5 4mms with a pinch of maggot and a toss pot filled with micros on the top 4 line. Bites came thick and fast and I was catching well. Those around me were struggling, and I think the choice of micros was paying dividends. Troy was catching a few, although I could not see him, I could see the swirls at the end of his bush. I just tried to keep the fish coming but after and hour the line died. I went out to 12.5m and had a couple of fish on a 6mm pellet without feeding anything. But I was foul hooking lots of fish and not getting them out. So frustrating.
I really do not know what to do. I am fishing dead depth or an inch on I foul hook fish, if I come off the deck by an inch, I do not get a bite. They say to shallow up but if your not getting bites, then whats the point. I cannot understand it.
Coming back into the top 4 shallow side I was nicking odd fish, not setting the world alight but nicking fish all the same. A look down the edges saw a couple of small carp on maggot. 
By rotating all my lines I was able to keep fish coming throughout the match albeit with plenty of lost fish. Both Peter and Dave had caught well towards the end of the match but Kris had struggled throughout, losing as many as he had in his net. 
Overall
1st Mick Wright 128-08
2nd Gino Excell 116-08
3rd Tony Roberts 98-00
4th Keith Ashby 96-00
5th Peter Morton 89-00
6th John Holdsworth 77-08
7th Troy Hillier 77-00
8th Dave Pontin 73-00
9th Simon Watkins 69-12
10th Jim Etherington 667-00
11th Dave Collier 62-00
12th Chris Withall 49-04
13th Clive Pritchard 39-00
14th Kris Old 37-00
15th John Button 12-00
16th Barry Testro DNW
So another flyer Mick has drawn and done the business from, another MK Nugget has gone his way and sees his lead extend to 10-8. The match itself was a fairly steady match, plenty of frustration by everyone. those who managed to swap and change quickly caught well. 
On a final note I must say a big thank you to Lewis Monk at Alders Farm who assisted one of our members who managed to get his car stuck. With a lot of pushing and shoving and the help of a large piece of plywood we were able to free the car. There is a 4 car rule in place for reasons such as these. Lewis is not always there to help.

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete