Tuesday 3 October 2017

Alders Farm Ash Lake 03 10 2017

It has been a while but we have finally got a MK Nugget match after a few weeks off. Mick has been on family duties for the last couple of weeks, so no matches. Just when he had opened up a lead again. It is back to 10-8 in his favour and with the year and potential matches running out, it will come down to the wire.
Today saw a dozen of us fishing Ash Lake at Alders Farm. Pines Lake had suffered from plenty of rain and made the trek up to it a bit messy so on the grounds of Health and Safety the decision was made to fish Ash Lake.
We had the pegs 1 round to 21 with a few pleasure anglers occupying the pegs opposite the cafe. They were getting a few fish whilst we were waiting to draw so we were all hopeful of a good days fishing. I deliberately hung back and waited for Mick to draw first. Peg 8 was to be his home for the day whilst my paw lifted peg 6 out. At least we could see what the other was doing and gauge accordingly. In between the pair of us we had a new face in Ben Lawrence. A couple of older faces were on 2,3,and 4 in Dennis Simpson, Trevor Price and Peter Archer. Waldorf and Statler were back together again. Mr consistency Lee Newson was on Peg 1. Charlie Lancaster had drawn peg 12 with Paul Woodley on 19 David Adams 20 and Neil Lawrence 21.
I opted to fish 4 lines today. 9m, 5m, 3m and top three to my right. It was quite breezy to start with so I set up a heavier rig than normal .6g DT Diamond to .19 Stream and a B911F1 hook in size 16. This would cover the 9m line. A couple of .4g DS Diamonds to .17 Stream but one with a size 16 the other 18 B911f1 hooks. The margin line was a Del Smith Green into a foot of water. I did not expect to catch on this line as it was fairly clear. Bait would be 6mm Hard Pellet with 4mm and micros( both fishery pellets) on the longer lines and maggot on the shorter lines.


I started on the 5m line feeding micros via a toss pot and fishing dead depth, I also felt that the fish needed to know that bait was coming in so threw 4 or 5 pellets in every 30 seconds or so. This caught me a couple of quick fish, but then nothing, Ben next door on 7 also had a couple then nothing. Mick was ahead of me after an hour. Ben started fishing long and this is perhaps something I should have done earlier. I did go out to 9m after the hour but I was getting skimmers and odd smaller carp.Things were steadily going from bad to worse. After 2 hours I had 11 fish for around 30lb. Ben was catching well for the first couple of hours, Pete Archer and Trevor were also catching well on differing tactics. Trevor fishing rod and line to Pete's pole attack.
A deep spell of no fish affected the three of us on 6,7 and 8 despite us all changing lines, shotting, opening up new areas of the peg and differing our feeding approaches. Nothing any of us could do brought a run of fish.Going into the last hour I made the switch to maggot. I had been feeding a little and often at top three and had a look over it at regular intervals. However, this time the float dipped and red hydro came out. A good carp around 5lb and his little brother also joined in the fun. A couple of foul hookers put the dampers on things for a little while but they soon came back and I was catching a few fish. Problem was so was Mick. The scales would tell at the end but I thought it would be close.
David Adams on peg 20 was leading by the time the scales got round to our side of the bank with 89-07.
Charlie had packed up early preferring to sort out his clutch on his car than continue to struggle on peg 12.

 Mick was next and his total of 74-13 was his reward.


Ben placed 98-05 on the board to take the lead, considering he struggled for over half the match.


 My three weighs went a total of 112-15 to take the lead but still had 4 good pegs with good anglers on.


  Pete weighed in 124-14 to jump ahead of me.

Trevor Price placed a method caught 128-13 to jump ahead of Pete, it was that sort of match. Dennis placed a creditable 68lb on the scales which consisted of a lot of small fish, again caught on the method. I will say that there was a lot of underhand tactics going on today with Trevor having to bear the brunt of it. Both sides of him have tried to stop him catching by filling it in. Groundbait one side and micros the other. 
Last to weigh though was Mr Consistency Lee Newson. 129-02 and yet another win under his belt albeit by 5oz.
My luck has turned again and I have to find another home for an old pound coin. Mick now leads 10-9 but considering where I was a while back, I am happy with the fightback and my Positive Mental Attitude.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete