Tuesday 28 November 2017

Alders Farm Tuesday Open 28 11 2017

Working the shifts that both Mick and I do means we have a fair bit of time off midweek to go fishing. This week will be another double header for me, a Tuesday Open at Alders and another session on Linford Lakes Black Horse Lake (Thursday) hoping for a few bream.

Tuesday's match was on Pines Lake. The lake fished quite well over the weekend and with only ten anglers on the match space was not an issue. So hopefully we would all have a few bites. Overnight the temperatures had dropped and with a bit of rain, I suspected that the fish would be in the deeper water and not come up like last week when it was consistently milder leading up to the match. So a priority at the draw would be a deep water swim, please. Peg 5 stuck to my hand and I was happy with that. Peg 4 and 6 were empty so I had a bit of room and could see Mick on Peg 3. Pete Archer sat on peg 2. Dennis on 7 and Danny Wallace on peg 9. Opposite Trevor was on 16, Sean 17, Graham West on 18, Paul Higgins on 22 and John Light was last peg 24.

Peg 5 is a cracking peg, plenty of depth for both on the deck and fishing up in the water. I also had plenty of water behind the pole line to have a go with the waggler. It is something I must admit I do not do enough of. Strange really as, when I do fish it I enjoy it. I am starting to think that we all suffer with poleitis when we go out fishing.

I started off fishing a line at 7m fishing double maggot over a half cup of micros.10 minutes in and nothing. Out to 11m with the same rig pinging a few maggots every minute or so. 20 minutes and still nothing, no liners,bites or any form of indication. A switch to the 11m deep rig with a bulk around 18 inches from a size 18 B911x. Around 10 minutes spent on this and a first bite, a nice skimmer around 1 3/4lb. Nothing then for the next 20 minutes. A look on the waggler saw the wind blowing a big bow in the line and making the float travel through the peg too quickly. However when the wind slowed you could get decent presentation. After 20 minutes of perseverance I managed a couple of small carp on double maggot. The bites coming as soon as the hook-bait hit the bottom. Back into 7m and start the whole process again, hoping that during the rotation a run of fish come. Mick had started off very well on the maggot feeder in the open water and was nicking odd fish on the pole lines. Trevor opposite was catching well on the far bank fishing away from the island spraying maggot. And although I could not see Graham or Sean I could hear a bit of splashing from behind the island. Pete Archer was targeting silvers and ticking over. I would like to say that my plan worked, but it did not. I ended up with around 7 carp and 2 skimmers for 27lb odd and nowhere but that's winter fishing.

Overall
1st Graham West 60-04
2nd Trevor Price 55-00
3rd Danny |Wallace 50lb

That's winter fishing for you though, I think I managed to keep changing things around a bit better than last week. Feeding was a bit tidier and although I only had a few bites lost fish have cost me a better weight, I would still not have got in the frame, but I worked out why I was lost 5 carp in a row and corrected it. Now I am looking forward to a day's fishing for bream on Black Horse Lake. Cold clear water, Brilliant sunshine and a maximum temperature of 5 degrees, perfect bream conditions!!!!!!!

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete